|作者：暂无 来源：暂无 【大 中 小】 【打印】发表时间：2015-04-21 浏览：2970|
21. The patient was warned ____ oil food after the operation, but he wouldn’t listen.
A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eating
<小赵老师解析>: 答案C，警告某人不要做某事：warn sb. not to do或warn sb. against doing
The gardener warned me just now not to water flowers at noon.
22. Feeling something wrong with our car, we pulled over. Not until then ____ it had been badly damaged.
A. did we find B. found C. we found D. we did find
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A, 否定词在句首，句子部分倒装。
eg: Not until twelve o'clock did she go to bed last night.
23. The girl was so ____ at her father’s decision about her marriage that she had a bitten quarrel with him.
A. disappointing B. disappointed C. delighted D. exciting
eg: His argument is very convincing.
eg: We are convinced by his argument.
24. I don’t think you can work out the math problem ____ the teacher’s help.
A. without B. unless C. because D. since
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A, without the teacher’s help 没有老师的帮助无法解题。
the teacher’s help 是名词短语，所以应用介词，其他选项都为连词。
According to a poll, the majority would rather have newspapers without a government than a government without newspapers.
25. If you are unable to attend the meeting, for ____ reason, you should inform us in advance.
A. whatever B. wherever C. however D. whoever
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A，for whatever reason 不管是什么理由。reason是名词，所以前面应该选whatever.
David can hardly avoid making mistakes _____ hard he tries.
A. no matter what B. for C. however D. how
26. ____ he will enter the speech contest has not been decided yet.
A. If B. That C. Whether D. Which
<小赵老师解析>: 答案C, whether引导主语从句，表示“是否”
27. ---I must apologize for ____ the meeting ahead of time.
-- That’s all right.
A. letting you not know B. not letting you know
C. letting you know not C. letting not you know
<小赵老师解析>: 答案B, apologize for (not) doing sth.
Eg: She apologized for _______ the party.
A. not being able to attend to
B. not being able to attend
C. being able not to attend
D. being not able to attend
28. My son seemed not to have understood what I meant, ____ really upset me.
A. that B. it C. what D. which
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D, which引导非限定性定语从句，指代前面整句话。
He was becoming fat, ____ bothered him very much.
A. that B. it C. what D. which
29. We came early and had to wait for one hour before the wedding ceremony began. We ____.
A. should not hurry B. need not have hurried
C. must not have hurried D. need not hurry
<小赵老师解析>: 答案B, 到达时婚礼还没开始，所以“本不需要这么赶时间”。
When we reach the station, the train had not arrived yet; so we _______.
A. needed not to hurry B needn’t have hurried
C. didn’t need to hurry D. had not needed to hurry
30. There ____ no money for our project, we had to change our plan.
A. being B. had C. were D. are
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A, 分词独立主格结构。
Other specific properties ____ equal, iron heats up faster than aluminum.
A. be B. being C. is D. are
31. It was not until she had arrived home ____ she remembered her appointment with the doctor.
A. that B. and C. which D. then
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A, 强调句。
It was not until his wife came back that he went to bed.
32. He had decided to buy a newly-made car, so he sold his old car ____ only 500 dollars.
A. with B. on C. by D. for
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D, 以…价格，具体数字，应用介词for.
33. The teacher of physical education told us that the football match _____ if it rained.
A. will be put off B. would be put off C. would put off D. will put off
<小赵老师解析>: 答案B. 主句是过去时，宾语从句应用过去的时态；比赛是“被延期”，所以应用被动语态。
eg: They asked what Jean was doing just now.
34. It is generally believed that ____ exercise you do, the healthier you will be come
A. much more B. the much C. much D. the more
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D，“the more…, the more…”句型表示“越…越…”
The more a person eats, the more likely he will get fat.
35. Many children think that if there were not so many examinations, they should have ____ at school.
A. the most happiest B. a more happier time
C. much happy time D. a much happier time
1) a little/bit, a lot, lots even， still， yet ，all the （more）, slightly, any, some, far, by far, rather, much, a great deal,等修饰语用以加强语气，表示“更加”的意思。
The photographs of Mars taken from satellites are much clearer than those taken from the earth.
36. While ____ the mountain area, all the men carried guns lest they should be attacked by wild animals.
A. crossing B. crossed C. they cross D. to cross
<小赵老师解析>: 答案A, 分词作状语。
Eg：While crossing the mountain area, all the men carried guns lest they _____ by wild animals.
A) should be attacked B) had been attacked
C) must be attacked D) would be attacked
37. ____ our great relief, his illness was not as serious as we had thought.
A. In B. With C. At D. To
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D. to one’s relief 令人欣慰的是
62. To our relief, Geoffrey’s illness proved not to be as serious as we had feared.
38. If he were you, he ____ take the task that you are unwilling to do.
A. will B. can C. would D. must
<小赵老师解析>: 答案C. if引导虚拟的条件状语从句。
Eg: If I were you, I would study hard.
从句: if+主语+动词的过去时，主句: 主语+would/should/could/might+动词原形
39. The middle-aged woman rushed to the bus station only ____ that the last bus had gone.
A. finding B. to find C. found D. finds
<小赵老师解析>: 答案B, only+不定式，表示不好的结果。
learn/find/see/hear/to be told/make等具有界限含义的动词不定式，作结果状语，常与only to 连用，表示不好的结果
eg: He ran to her house to make an apology only to be told she’s gone.
40. Busy as she was, she made ____ her duty to help her old neighbors.
A. this B. that C. one D. it
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D，it作形式宾语代替不定式to help her old neighbors.
I feel it an hour to be asked to speak here.
41. It is urgent to find an ____ secretary since the general manager is getting busier than before.
A. effective B. efficient C. affect D. effect
<小赵老师解析>: 答案B. an efficient secretary 一位有效率的秘书。
efficient [i'fiʃənt] adj. 有能力的, 效率高的
He is an efficient manager.
42. Experts advise that parents should develop a sense of _____ in their children.
A. intelligence B. indifference C. reaction D. responsibility
<小赵老师解析>: 答案D, a sense of responsibility 责任感
本题是蓝洋教育小赵老师词汇课Lesson 3 的原题再现，原文为：
By virtue of sense of responsibility the employees worked overtime.
43. The present policy in China has ____ further co-operation with many other countries.
A. elected B. entertained C. entered D. enabled
His wide experience of the newspaper world enabled him to become a successful editor.
44. Fortunately, the government has made great ____ to fight against the official corruption.
A. translation B. temperature C. determination D. claim
<小赵老师解析>: 答案C, make great determination 做出巨大的决定
determination[diˌtə:miˈneiʃən]n. 1 决心; 决定 2 确定, 测定
45. When businessmen first meet, they often ____ their cards with personal information for further contact.
A. exchange B. touch C. change D. ignore
<小赵老师解析>:答案A, exchange their cards互换名片
exchange [iksˈtʃeindʒ] n.兑换, 汇率vt. 交换, 交流
46. The purpose of this article is to draw ____ to the problem faced by single parents.
A. satisfaction B. attention C. competition D. emotions
<小赵老师解析>:答案B, draw one’s attention 吸引某人的注意力
The part of the environmental movement that draws my firm's attention is the design of cities. buildings and products.
47. He is often late for class with all kinds of excuse, but today he is ____ excuse.
A. sorry for B. curious about C. short of D. keen on
<小赵老师解析>:答案C, be short of 短缺，缺少…
本题是蓝洋教育小赵老师词汇课Lesson 4 例句的原题再现，原题为：
Being short of food and fuel, we are faced with a very difficult situation.
48. The ____ of private cars in our country has been rising dramatically these years.
A. amount B. number C. same D. score
<小赵老师解析>:答案B. the number of… …的数量
Eg: The number of tourists to the resort declined by 10% last year.
49. ____ pets is an emotional journey which helps people to connect with and react to the world.
A. Putting off B. Carrying out C. Caring for D. Passing away
<小赵老师解析>:答案C, care for 照顾，喜爱，宠爱
care for 照顾；关照；喜欢；喜爱
50. Two-thirds of young people go to bed with their phones nearby, for they’re afraid they’ll ____ something important.
A. miss B. have C. cancel D. pass
We've missed the last bus, I'm afraid we have no choice but to take a taxi.
51. This research team was firmly ___ the possibility of life on other planets.
A. convinced of B. decided on C. controlled by D. talked of
<小赵老师解析>:答案A，be firmly convinced of 坚信…
本题是蓝洋教育小赵老师词汇课Lesson 5 的原题再现，原文为：
convince sb. of sth 使某人相信某事
convince sb to do sth 说服某人去做某事
I am firmly convinced that this plan would do much good to our company.
52. He left Manchester with the ____ of finding a job in London when he was 25.
A. caution B. application C. intention D. interaction
<小赵老师解析>:答案C, the intention of … 做某事的目的/打算
She had clearly no intention of doing any work, although she was very well paid.
53. It is of great importance for college students to have an ____ character and set a clear goal.
A. independent B. ignore C. indifferent D. impatient
<小赵老师解析>:答案A, independent 独立的
Now that you are a college student, you should learn to be independent of your parents' help.
54. You had better stay home in bed since you haven’t ____ recovered from the operation.
A. equally B. excited C. completely D. confidently
<小赵老师解析>:答案C, completely recovered 完全康复
Eg: You are not supposed to be working. You haven’t completely recovered yet.
55. ____ the pilots strike, all flights have had to be cancelled.
A. As a matter of B. As a rule C. As though D. As a result of
<小赵老师解析>:答案D, as a result of 由于, 因为…
The chief reason for the population growth isn't so much a rise in birth rates as a fall in death rates as a result of improvements in medical care.
56. The flood in 1941 was so severe that many people in their villages were made ____.
A. homesick B. homeless C. hopeful D. healthful
Any donation you can give will help us ease the suffering and isolation of the homeless this New Year.
57. Being a southerner, she has always ____ going to the north to see snow.
A. carried on B. called off C. taken off D. dreamed of
<小赵老师解析>:答案D, dream of 梦想，渴望
58. Our education system should offer ___ opportunities for all children.
A. calm B. special C. equal D, careful
<小赵老师解析>:答案C, equal 平等的
In some countries, which is called "equality" does not really mean equal rights for all people.
59. Since he started working at the age of 20, he has not ____ turned to his father for money.
A. ever B. never C. hardly D. already
A. calm B. special C. equal D, careful
60. Small grocery stores are going out of business in the face of fierce ____ from the large supermarket chains.
A. complaints B. competition C. production D. profession
<小赵老师解析>:答案B， fierce competition 激烈的竞争
本题是蓝洋教育小赵老师词汇课Lesson 7 例句的原题再现，原题为：
Eg: Owing to fierce competition among airlines, travel expense have been reduced considerably.
fierce[fiəs] adj. 1 凶猛的; 凶狠的 2 强烈的, 激烈的
After a fierce battle the enemy was forced to retreat.